Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Could transcription save as much as EMRs?

A few years ago my shrink showed off her new toy.

It was hidden inside her tablet PC, which she wrote on with a stylus during sessions. As I got up to leave, I saw her click a command and watched as her “hand-written” notes became typed notes before my eyes.

This is a simple form of transcription. More complex forms take spoken notes and turn them into something readable. It’s hand-work assisted by technology.

A small CNN story on the turnaround of Transcend Services, a medical dictation outfit which learned through a small 2005 acquisition this is a people business, opened my eyes to the opportunity.

Read More Article...

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

No comments:

Transcription Services Outsourcing Services